Thursday, February 2, 2012

Handmade Computer Guy Birthday Card

I had a very pleasant surprise this morning. I went to the Mo's Digital Challenge site and found out that my name had been drawn in a random drawing to win a $5.00 gift certificate to Mo's Digital Pencil Store. W00T!!!
I used my gift certificate to purchase the image that I used for this card. The theme of this week's Challenge #120 is "Anything Goes".
This is how I made the card:
(1.) The base card is a pre-made blank card made from kraft cardstock. The card measures 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I used a patterned paper from my stash for the background.
(3.) I used the "Happy Birthday" embossing folder in my Cuddlebug to dry emboss a piece of brown patterned paper.
(4.) I chose the digital image "Computer Guy" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I colored the image with Copy sketch markers. I used a "Scalloped Oval" Nestabilities die to cut and emboss the shape after I colored the image.
(5.) I punched a tag from kraft cardstock and used some round epoxy stickers to make the name "Scott". I distressed the edges of the tag and tied a piece of string in the top.
(6.) I made some corner punches from the same cardstock that I made the tag and highlighted them with glitter. I attached them to the "Happy Birthday" embossed paper.
(7.) I found an orange "Smile" embellishment to attach to the image.

I plan to send this to a special young man who will be celebrating his birthday on February 10.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please post your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...