My sister will be celebrating her birthday on March 1st, so I made a birthday card to send her. I am entering this card in Mo's Challenge #70 ~ A Sketch. A layout, or card design, was provided by the design team and I will use this layout to create a unique card.
This is how I made this card;
1. The base card is pre-made from kraft cardstock and comes with a matching envelope. This card measures 4" X 5.5".
2. I used a piece of light pink cardstock for the back ground.
3. Next, I used scrapbooking tape to fasten three pieces of dark pink textured cardstock to the card.
4. I used the digital image "Bella Carrying The Cake" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I love the Bella and Bronte images. Bronte reminds me of my little red striped pit bull named Tiger.
5. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and a blender pen. I added a piece of vintage lace to the bottom of the card. I then cut a piece of gold-striped vellum to use behind the image. I machine stitched through the pink background, image, vellum and lace.
6. I embellished the card with three paper flowers and a glitter heart from Martha Stewart.
7. I fastened the card front to the kraft base card with scrapbooking tape and glue dots.
This card was fast and fun to make. I hope my sister has a very happy birthday!