Friday, July 22, 2016

New Adventures Summer Greeting Card

This is a great summer-time card and it also has an inspiring sentiment..."Say YES to new adventures".  I made this for my two-year-old granddaughter who just completed her first swimming lessons. 

I will be entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge #265. 

These are the supplies I used to make this card;

I started with a blank 5" by 7 " kraft cardstock card.

I chose the digital image "Summer Tot One" and the sentiment that comes with it. Mo's Digital Pencil is having a summer sale this week and next!

I printed the image/sentiment on bristol cardstock and printed another copy of the image on red/white dotted patterned paper. I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color the little girl's face/body, the pool/water and the instructor's arms. 

I paper-pieced the swim suit and colored the suit blue with a Copic Sketch marker. I also used a Copic marker to make the shadow behind the little girl.

I used Inkadinkado Bold Bright Blending Chalks for the sky

I cut/embossed a piece of aqua, goldenrod and off white cardstock to layer behind the image. I used a Martha Steward ladybug corner punch on the goldenrod cardstock.

I embossed the sentiment with a Spellbinders die and attached it to the top of the card.

I finished the card with a piece of variegated seam binding.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...