Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Handmade Earth Day Birthday Card

Today is April 22, 2015.

It is the 45th annual Earth Day in the United States.

It is also the birthday of my lovely granddaughter. I made this Earth Day birthday card to celebrate Kaley's 12th birthday.

This is how I made the card:
The base is a pre-made blank kraft cardstock card.

I used a piece of pretty collage-style pattered paper (Jublilee Pink Postage, K&Company) for the background.

I used four pieces of ephemera (ticket, flashcard, bird, butterfly) from a Tim Holtz "Thrift Shop" Ephemera pack. These items are reproductions of vintage print memorabilia.

I used the digital stamp "Tiara" from Mo's Digital Pencil. I colored the image with Copic Sketch markers and cut it out. I used adhesive to attach the ephemera and the colored digital image to the background paper.

I printed the sentiment, "It's my birthday and I will tiara if I want to", on white cardstock. This sentiment comes with the "Tiara" digital stamp. I cut out the sentiment with a Spellbinders die and distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink. I attached the sentiment to the top of the card.

I used a Dymo label maker to make the words "Earth Day Birthday". I attached these labels to the front of the card.

I will enter this card in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Due Date.
The "due date" is APRIL 22 - Earth Day and Kaley's birthday!

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...