Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mo's "In The Doghouse" Challenge

The dog days of summer have arrived in Texas.  It is too hot to spend much time outdoors so I got my craft stuff out and made this mixed media card for Mo's Challenge #145 - In The Doghouse.
I am also trying out to be a Guest Designer on Mo's Design Team. The competition is stiff but I am giving it my best shot.

I am a self-taught crafter and I have had so much fun making cards over the past couple of years. I am very humble and honored to participate in this contest.


This is how I made this card:
(1.) I started with a blank kraft greeting card that measures 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I layered coordinated patterned cardstock, cork, burlap and corrugated cardboard on the card. I used rubber cement and glue dots to attach the elements to the card.
(3.) I used the digital stamp "Bronte and Louis" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers. I highlighted the hair with a white gel pen and used chalk to tone down the white background.
(4.) I embellished the card with three punched flowers.

 I would love for you to FOLLOW my blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...