Monday, June 4, 2012

Big Guy Grilling

The weather is heating up and it is time to get the grill out and do some cooking. This week the theme for Mo's Digital Challenge is "Challenge #137 - Weather Related." The card must have to do with the weather/outdoors and feature a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) The base is a textured white Avery card that measures 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". I really like this larger size.
(2.) The background is patterned cardstock from Recollections. This lovely cardstock came from a paper pad called "Stitch in Time". I found this pad of scrap booking paper at Michael's on the 70% Off shelf.
(3.) I used the digital image "Big Guy Grilling" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. This was my first attempt at paper piecing. I printed out the image on a piece of white Strathmore art paper and then printed the image on a piece of polka dot patterned paper. I cut out the shirt from the red dotted paper and glued it onto the image on the drawing paper. I colored the rest of the image with Copic sketch markers. I used a black gel pen to put the faux stitching around the image and mounted it to a piece of brown kraft paper.
(4.) I embellished the card with four dark blue butterflies that I made with a Martha Stewart punch, cardstock and Stickles glitter glue.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...