Thursday, February 9, 2012

Handmade Valentine Card

Valentines Day is just around the corner. I made a handmade Valentine card for Mo's Digital Challenge #121 - BINGO w/a Mo Image.
This week I was challenged to use the Bingo card below to create a card. The objective was to choose one row...vertical, horizontal, or vertical...and use those elements in the making of a card.
I chose the bottom row of the Bingo card ~ Dies/Punches, Brads and Dry Embossing.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I started with a blank card made from kraft cardstock. The card measures 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I used a piece of Tim Holtz distressed cardstock for the background. I used the Fiskar System to hand emboss a small heart in each corner of the cardstock. I used Tim Holtz distress ink (Barn Door) to highlight each heart.
(3.) I used the image "Sprout" that was Mo Manning's contribution to the "Help for Katie" project. I colored the image with Copic Sketch markers and then used a Fiskars template to cut a circle around the image.
(4.) I used the Nestibilities die "Lacy Circles" to cut a background for the image from Tim Holtz distressed cardstock.
(5.) I cut the letters "L", "O", "V", "E" from a piece of "Holidays" Tim Holtz disstressed cardstock.
(6.) I embellished the card with two pink heart brads (Cricut).

Thank you for viewing my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...