Sunday, January 8, 2012

Handmade Birthday Wish Card

Today I made a birthday card for my mother. She will be celebrating her 82th birthday at the end of this week.
I am entering this card in Mo's Challenge #116 ~ Anything Goes with a Mo Image.
The only rule for this card is to use one or more image from Mo's Digital Pencil Store.

This is how I made the card:
(1.) The base is a blank greeting card from kraft cardstock that measures 4" by 5.5".
(2.) I used a piece of patterned cardstock for the background and ran it through my Cuddlebug dry embossing machine with a Tim Holtz "Music Notes" embossing folder.
(3.) I highlighted the notes with some Tim Holtz "Old Paper" Distress Ink.
(4.) I embellished the background with two pieces of adhesive-backed striped ribbon.
(5.) I used Mo's Digital image "Bella Carrying the Cake" and colored it with Copic Sketch markers. I cut the shape with a "Lacey Circles" Nestabilities Die and chalked the background with pink chalk.
(6.) I used a Tim Holtz "Wish Ticket" and a decorative paper flower for the final touches.

Thank you for taking a peek at this card ~ Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...