Saturday, October 1, 2011

World Card Making Day 2011

World Card Making Day World is a holiday especially for card makers around the world to celebrate the creativity of handmade cards and the personal connection that they create between friends and family. This holiday is celebrated the first Saturday of each October, kicking off the holiday card-making season, the most popular time for creating and sharing handmade greetings.

Today, card making is a worldwide hobby, especially popular in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States.  As many as one in six U.S. households participate in making cards.


The top occasions/themes for making cards are;
  • Birthdays
  • Winter holidays (Christmas, New Year’s, etc.)
  • Thank you
  • Valentine’s Day
  • Mother’s Day
I made some Halloween cards this week. I found this scary ghost in a packet of Halloween die-cuts from K & Co. I made the fence with a Martha Stewart "Scary Fence" punch.

I am very excited about the coming holiday season. There are so many cards to make and so little time. I will be sharing more of my card creations in the weeks to come.

I am entering this card in the Crazy 4 Challenges C4C105 "Pumpkin Challenge".

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...