Sunday, August 21, 2011

Feeling Blue Card Challenge

The theme for this week's card challenge at Mo's Digital Challenge is "Feeling Blue". The card must be mostly blue in color. Blue is one of my favorite colors so this was an easy one.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I used a cream-colored base card that measures 4" by 5 1/2". I sponged some light blue distress ink around the edges and then distressed the card with a pair of scissors.
(2.) I used dark blue card stock for the background. I put a strip of light blue glitter paper on top. I then used pink and polka-dot ribbon tape to embellish. I used a Recollections "Large Stitch" punch for the stitching at the top and bottom of the card.
(3.) I used the digital image "A Thousand Stars" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers and pencils. I sponged dark blue distress ink on the background to make the sky and dabbed a bit of glitter glue on each one of the stars.
(4.) I used a rub-on for the "thinking of you" sentiment.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...