Monday, June 6, 2011

Reading And Dreaming

Doesn't this image make you want to grab a book and head for the beach? Or perhaps this girl is reading in bed. A good book can carry you to far-away places with strange sounding names. Summer is a wonderful time to relax with a good book.
I made this card for Mo's Digital Challenge #85. This week the challenge is based on a sketch. The Design Team provided a sketch of a pattern that must be used to make the card. A digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop must be featured on the card.
This is how I made the card;
(1.) I used a pre-made card that is made from kraft cardstock and measures 5" X 6.5".
(2.) I chose the digital image "Between" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and a blender pen. I distressed the edges of the image with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Tattered Rose).
(3.) I mounted the image on light blue textured cardstock (lower portion) and Bazzill "Cookies and Cream" Cardstock (upper portion). I used a piece of corrugated cardstock to separate the two colors.
(4.) I embellished the card with two pink roses from Martha Stewart, some faux pearls and a tiny pink bow.

What book are you reading this summer? Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...