Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're Going Retro

It has been over a month since I have participated in one of Mo's Digital Pencil Challenges.  This week the theme is "We're Going Retro".  Next week my mother will celebrate her 81st birthday, so this is the card that I made to send her.

(1)  The base of the card is kraft cardstock. 
(2) The digital stamp image is "Wonderful Day" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. I used "Old Paper" distress ink for the background.
(3) The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is also a digital stamp from Mo's "Wonderful Day" package.
(4) I used ColorCore Cardstock from the "Nostalgia" collection for the background. I chose the colors coral and olive green. I used a Martha Stewart Punch on the edges and sanded the cardstock to distress it.
(5) The background "vintage script" patterned paper is from a Recollections embellishment package.
(5) I stitched around the image on the green cardstock with yellow thread.
(6) I embellished the card with mauve and brown paper flowers and feau pearls.

I just want to wish my mother a very happy birthday.  I think she will like this retro card.

7 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Janette...hehehe! Great minds think alike! This is the image I used this week too! I totally love this new little image of Mo's...she's so cute in her overalls and mary-janes!! And I think her nose is just sooooo adorable!! Love your soft colors...and the layers of cardstock and DPs perfectly compliment this little darlin'!! So glad you joined us this week for the "retro" challenge at Mo's DP2! Have a great week. Pat Frank

Martha Giffen said...

How beautiful! Your mother is lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter!

Joe Cheray said...

This is very lovely. Great choice of colors. Just very well done. Your mom will love it.

Elaine L. said...

Lovely card! I really like the soft, subtle colors and your layout. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

shaz*crafts said...

Lovely card the colour combo is great too love sharon.x

Dawn B. said...

Happy birthday to your mom. She will love this. Your colors are perfect for retro.. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's this week.

Sheila said...

This is just beautiful love the colours you' ve picked for this adorable image.
Thanks for joining us this week at DP2.
Hugs Sheilaxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...