Title: A Simple Act of Gratitude
Author: John Kralik
Publication Date: December 27, 2011
Length: 243 Pages
About The Author
John Kralik practiced law for thirty years before he was appointed a judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court. He lives in the Los Angeles area.
365 Thank-You Notes
John Kralik, at the age of 53, found his life in a mess.
At the end of 2007:
- his small law firm was failing;
- he was struggling through a painful second divorce;
- he had grown distant from his two older children and was afraid he might lose contact with his young daughter;
- he was living in a tiny apartment where he froze in the winter and baked in the summer;
- he was 40 pounds overweight;
- his girlfriend had just broken up with him;
- and his dream of becoming a judge seemed to have slipped beyond his reach.
Inspired by a handwritten thank-you note that he received from his former girlfriend for a Christmas gift, John decided to write 365 thank-you notes in 2008.
This memoir describes how the act of expressing gratitude can change a person's thinking and his circumstances.
This book is not a new release, but it has been on my "wish list" for quite some time. It is a good book to read while you are thinking about goals for a new year.
I believe a focus on gratitude can be a life-changing experience. Mr. Kralik found his circumstances changing when he focused on the blessings in his life instead of the problems.
I chose the word "admirable" to describe this book because I admire a person who takes time to write and send a thank-you note. It displays a certain kind of class that is sorely lacking in our modern society.
The wonderful thing about this is that it benefits the sender of the thank-you note just as much (or perhaps more) as it benefits the recipient. This turned out to be a win-win journey for Mr. Kralik and all who have followed his path of expressing gratitude.
My Rating: 5 Stars Out of 5
FYI ~ I purchased this ebook from Amazon.Com with my own funds. The price is $1.99 at this time (prices are subject to change at any time.)
Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.