Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Handmade Birthday Card With Lots of Layers

January was a big month for birthdays. This is my last card for the month. I recently found a Fiskar's Paper Crimper at a thrift shop and was anxious to try it out.

What is a paper crimper? It is a gadget that makes any kind of paper that you run through it look "crimped" or corrugated.

I will be entering this card in Mo's Challenge #218 - "Lots of Layers". I used several different layers of paper and the cake in the image also has LOTS of layers.

I started with a blank kraft greeting card that measure 5" by 7".

I printed out the digital stamp "Tall Cake" on Strathmore Toned Tan sketch paper. I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers.

I used a Fiskar's Corner Rounder on the image and stitched it to a piece of collage patterned paper (Collage Art Stack from DCWV). I chose the blue background paper from the same paper pack and ran it through the paper crimper. I then tore around the edges so the white core would show.

I embellished the card with the "LOVE" stickers and a mesh ribbon.

Thank you for taking a look at my card.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...