Author: Melissa Taylor
Publisher: Amazon Digital Services
Date: January 29, 2013
About The Author
A mother of two girls, a freelance writer and blogger, and an award-winning educator, Melissa Taylor holds a Master's Degree in Global Education, with expertise in early childhood and elementary education and a focus on literacy and play. She has taught all subjects for the elementary grades and preschool.
Pinterest For Business and Fun
Have you considered the benefits Pinterest offers your brand, your business, your blog, or even your personal coolness factor?
Here are some facts that might impress you;
- Pinterest is the FASTEST growing social media network.
- Pinterest has 23 million users.
- The Pinterest referral traffic beats Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined.
You pin interesting photographs or graphics that represent the content you want to save.
What do you pin? Here are some of the author's favorite things to pin;
- Learning ideas for kids
- Crafts and DIY projects
- Children's books
- Inspirational Quotes
Ms. Taylor offers the following tips for getting followers.
- Connect to your Twitter and/or Facebook accounts.
- Name your boards with keywords that others might find interesting.
- Make a board dedicated to your business only. You can then repin posts from your business board to your special interest boards.
- Pinterest uses hashtags the same way Twitter does. Use hashtags in your descriptions before a category word like #education or #travel.
- Repin, Like and Comment on other user's pins.
- Follow people who pin items that interest you.
- Set up a pinning schedule for each day.
This book was a fast read and filled with color screenshots and links. I have read several books about Pinterest but this one really has me excited about setting up boards and pinning.
I currently pin my blog posts and have noticed that I am getting traffic to my blog from the Pinterest links. My goal for the future is to use Pinterest as a virtual filing system that reflects all my interests and passions. You can designate your boards as "private" if you don't want others to see them.
Pinterest Savvy provides basic information about using Pinterest and explains exactly WHY you need to use it. The links are excellent for finding avid pinners to follow and getting a feel for how to use the site. The author shares many tips from the book on her Pinterest Savy website.
If you are looking for Pinterest "how-to" and inspiration, this is the book for you!
My Rating: 5 Stars Out Of 5
FYI ~ I ordered this ebook from Amazon.Com during a limited-time free promotion. Please check the current price before ordering.
I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.