Thursday, January 24, 2013

Handmade Card For A Young Artist

I make my granddaughter a handmade greeting every week. She is in the fourth grade and is an excellent little artist.

I think she will like this "artist card" because she loves all kinds of art and crafts projects.

I am entering this card in Mo's Challenge #169 - Emboss It!

This is how I made the card:
(1.) I started with a blank kraft card that measures 4" by 5 1/2".
(2.) I chose "Stars Embossed - Gold" (the Paper Studio) for the background. I used a Loops paper punch on the corners and attached it to the card.
(3.) I used the digital image "Jo Painting" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers. I used a Spellbinders die to cut around the image and I inked the edges with distress ink.
(4.) I cut and dry embossed a black frame for the image. I glued the colored image on the black frame and then used foam squares to attach the image to the card.
(5.) I used a small pink paperclip to attach a Tim Holtz "Bliss Ticket" to the card.
(6.) I embellished the card with a cute bumblebee sticker and two rose stickers.

I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...