Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Gingerbread Man Christmas Gift Tag

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I have my tree decorated and about half of my Christmas shopping completed.

Today, I made a Christmas gift tag for Mo's Challenge #162 - Don't Be SQUARE. The card or paper craft item can be any shape EXCEPT square.

This is how I made this gift tag:
(1.) I started with a red stocking-shaped base that measures approx. 3" by 5". I bought a pack of Studio G stocking shaped note cards last year after Christmas. I cut the card apart and just used the front part for this tag.
(2.) I applied some white flocking powder across the top of the stocking.
(3.) I used a piece of red glitter ribbon at the base of the flocked section of the stocking.
(4.) I used glue dots to attach the Tim Holtz "Dream" ticket to the tag.
(5.) I printed out the new Gingerbread Man digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil on coral cardstock. This image is FREE this week only!
(9.) I used a Copic marker to color the shading around the edges of the Gingerbread Man. I used some blue dot stickers for the eyes and buttons. I trimmed the arms and legs with some vintage braided trim. I traced around the edge of the Gingerbread Man image with a white gel pen and colored the inside of his mouth white. I put a little Santa's hat sticker (Jolee) on the top of his head.
(10.) I stamped the background with the pine trees from the Tim Holtz Christmas clear stamp set. I completed the tag with a pretty package sticker and some red ribbon.

I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...