Thursday, September 6, 2012

Some Odd Girl September Sketch Challenge



I have admired the digital stamps from Some Odd Girl for a long time, but this is the first time I colored an image and made a card.  I made this card to enter in the Some Odd Girl September Sketch Challenge. I was provided a sketch of a layout to use for this card. This is how I made the card;
(1.) I started with a blank kraft greeting card that measures 4" by 5 1/2".
(2.) I used the patterned paper "Jubilee Pink & Teal Collage" from K & Co. for the background.
(3.) I cut a scalloped oval with a Nestabilities die out of "Tin Roof Two Scoops" Bazzill cardstock. I attached the oval to the background paper.
(4.) I used a piece of "Cherries Jubilee Bazzill Basics Paper" on the lower portion of the card and used a Martha Stewart "Loops" punch for the edge.
(5.) I chose the "50s Kaylee" digital stamp that I received during a giveaway at the Some Odd Girl site a couple of years ago. There are many Kaylee images to choose from on the site.
(6.) I colored the digital stamp with Copic sketch markers and attached it to the front of the card.
(7.) I chose a "friends" sticker to use for the sentiment on the card.
(8.) I embellished the card with some satin ribbon and three flowers that I punched from the "Tin Roof" cardstock.

I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...