Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Funny Birthday Card

The theme for Mo's weekly Digital Challenge is Tickle My Funny Bone!  I made this birthday card to enter in the challenge.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I used a blank card that is red on the front and white on the inside for the base.
(2.) I chose this digital stamp from my collection of images from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. The name of the image is "A Big Whoop". I printed the image on kraft cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I used a white gel pen to make faux stitches around the edge.
(3.) I punched a tag from pink cardstock and stamped a birthday sentiment on it. I embellished the tag with three glitter heart stickers (Martha Stewart) and the reinforcement for hole from Tim Holtz.
(4.) I found this darling quilled red hat sticker in my stash to finish the front of the card.

I wanted to make the card a little funnier, so I searched my rubber stamp collection and found the perfect sentiment to use with this card. This stamp was designed by Kate Harper (2008) and produced by Inkadinkado.
Kids say the darndest things, don't they?
I hope this card will bring a smile to my friend's face.

Thank you for taking a look at my card.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...