Monday, April 9, 2012

Little Women Handmade Greeting Card

 I have old books, sheet music, maps, ephemera, etc. that I like to use to make handmade greeting cards. Today, I am using a page from "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott. This book was worn beyond repair, but the pages are wonderful for art and crafts projects.

I am entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge #129 ~ Anything Goes w/ Mo Image.

This is how I made the card:
(1.) I started with a blank pre-made kraft card that measures 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I attached the page from "Little Women" to the front of the blank card.
(3.) I chose the digital image "Wonderful Day" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I printed the image on kraft cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I pressed hard on the pencil to get the "waxy" look and then highlighted the color with a white pencil. I also used a black gel pen and a white gel pen for the white dots and the white stripes on the shirt. I used the white gel pen to make some faux stitches around the edge of the kraft paper.
(4.) I framed the colored image with a piece of light pink cardstock. I then attatched the image to the front of the card. I embellished the card with some assorted stickers.

How do you like the bright, colorful hair? In the past, I have tried (in vain) to get the hair to look natural. After reading "Doodles Unleashed", by Traci Bautista, I decided to try this new style of coloring.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...