Saturday, April 21, 2012

Earth Day 2012

Tomorrow we will be celebrating the 42nd annual Earth Day. My granddaughter's birthday is April 22nd, so I made this Earth Day birthday card for her.

I will be entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge #131 - Flowers. I used a very simple design and used as much "green" as I could. This is how I made the card;
(1.) The base is a pre-made kraft cardstock card that measures 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I used the "Sprout" digital stamp by Mo Manning. This digi came in the Help for Katie package. I printed the image on white drawing paper and colored it with Copic Sketch markers. I distressed the background with Tim Holtz distress ink.
(3.) I used a scalloped rectangle Nestabilities die to cut out the image. I then cut around the card to get the "V" notches.
(4.) I attached the image to a black background with Collage Pauge. I then used rubber stamps to stamp the "Go Green" and bumblebee images on the card.
(5.) I embellished the card with a bright green paper flower from Recollections.
(5.) I sealed the card with a light coat of Collage Pauge.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...