Monday, March 12, 2012

Handmade St. Patrick's Day Card

St. Patrick's Day, although not a legal holiday anywhere in the United States, is nonetheless widely recognized and celebrated throughout the country. It is primarily celebrated as a celebration of Irish and Irish American culture; celebrations include prominent displays of the color green, feasting, religious observances, and numerous parades. The holiday has been celebrated on the North American continent since the late eighteenth century, prior to the American Revolution.

Today I made a St. Patrick's Day card to enter in Mo's Digital Challenge #125 - Try Something New. This is the very first St. Patrick's Day card that I have made so I think it qualifies as a new experience.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) The base is a pre-made cream-colored card that measures 5" by 6.5".
(2.) I attached a piece of patterned paper with a green shamrock pattern on the front of the card.
(3.) I took two pieces of green cardstock and dry embossed them with the "Swiss Dots" embossing folder and my Cuddlebug.
(4.) I printed out the digital image "Summer Fairy Finna" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers, embellished the wings with Stickles glitter glue and cut it out.
(5.) I punched out some green corner shapes and attached them to the background of the card. I assembled the card with glue dots.
(6.) I embellished the card with three punched butterflies, a piece of "feathered" twine and a Tim Holtz "Adore" ticket.

Thank you for taking a look at this card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...