Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Scarecrow Greeting Card

I love the characters from "The Wizard of Oz". This is the Scarecrow who was looking for a brain. I gave this card a vintage/distressed look to match the scarecrow's raggedy clothes.

I am entering this card in Mo's Challenge #122 ~ "My Sentiments Exactly".

This is how I made the card:
(1.) I used a pre-made card from kraft cardstock for the base. The card measured 5" by 6 1/2".
(2.) I cut a piece of Tim Holtz distressed cardstock for the background.
(3.) I cut and dry embossed a piece of blue Tim Holtz cardstock with a Spellbinders "Lacey Circles" die and my Cuddlebug.
(4.) I used the Scarecrow digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I cut out the image and colored it with Copic sketch markers. I attached the image to the circle and put it on the card.
(5.) I used a purchased sticker "My honey" for the sentiment.
(6.) I punched three paper buttons from the cardstock that I used for the background of the card. I used twine in the center of the buttons and attached them to the card with glue dots.
(7.) I punched three hearts from the cardstock and put red heart stickers in the centers.
(8.) I attached two pink heart brads on the card.

I gave this card to "My Honey" on Valentine's Day.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...