Monday, August 29, 2011

Back To School Card Challenge

Back To School!
Mo's Digital Challenge #97
The challenge is to create a card or other craft item with the theme of going back to school.I made this card of a girl sitting in a window seat reading her library book.
Doesn't she look comfortable in this cozy window seat? It looks like the perfect place to read. 
This is how I made the card;
  • The base card is a pre-made card and matching envelope made from kraft card stock. The card measures 5" by 6 1/2".
  • The background is a piece of patterned paper from my stash that is lined like a child's writing tablet. It is peach colored with a green border.
  • I used the digital stamp named "Window Seat" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers and colored pencils. I sponged the wall with distress ink. I mounted the image on dark blue card stock.
  • The letters that spell out "School Days" and the ruler came from "The Girl's Paperie" by Margie (Hobby Lobby). I punched out the parenthesis from dark green card stock.
This card was fun to make and will be mailed to my granddaughter this week. I love to make cards that encourage reading.

Please share your thoughts in the Comment Section below. 


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...