Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bronte Kisses

It has been several weeks since I have made a handmade card to enter in Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge. The theme for the challenge this week is "Black and White With One Contrasting Color". I took time this afternoon to make this card for a friend who is fighting a courageous battle with cancer.

I recently purchased the digital image "Bronte Kisses" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. Maurie Manning is selling this image plus three dog quotations for $1.00.  All proceeds from the sale of this image will be donated to The Pet Orphans of Southern California. This is a beautiful image and the quotes will touch your heart. This is a good opportunity to support a fine charity.


This is how I made the card;
(1.) The base is a pre-made card with matching envelope that measures 4" by 5 1/2". The card is made from kraft cardstock.
(2.) I used white and black Bazzill cardstock for the background. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the corners of the black cardstock.
(3.) I colored the digital image "Bronte Kisses" with Prismacolor markers. I used the colors "Light Cerulean Blue" and "Brick White".
(4.) I used a rub-on for the "Miss You" sentiment. I embellished the card with a piece of light blue yarn. I punched two cardstock butterflies with a Martha Stewart punch and covered them with Stickles glitter glue.

Thank you for taking a look at my card ~ Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...