Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Distressing Card Challenge

This week the theme for Mo's Digital Cardmaking Challenge #83 is "Distressing".  Distressing is a process used to make the card look aged, worn and tattered. This is a technique  to make a brand new card appear to be a treasured vintage keepsake.
I chose the digital image "Mummu's Laundry" from Mo's Digital Pencil Store. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and aged the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink.

I used kraft cardstock that measures 5" X 6.5" for a base. I used several pieces of Tim Holtz "Retro Grunge" patterned paper for the background. I distressed the edges of the paper with my scissors.

I embellished the card with a Tim Holtz "Love" ticket and some K & Co. stickers and rub-ons.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...