Sunday, May 29, 2011

America For Me

I hope you are all having a blessed Memorial Day weekend. I would like to share a patriotic song with you that was written by my friend, Mary M. Buford. This song won the 2009 National Daughters of the American Revolution Song Composition Contest.

America For Me
I’m in love with America…I love her oceans and her shore,
I love her busy city’s roar and every little country store.
I’m in love with America…I love her mountains white or green,
I love her valleys so serene and every magic woodland scene.
Many things that our land has…In other lands we’ll see,
But here there’s music in the air…Her bell of liberty.
It rang in seventeen seventy six, so loud from shore to shore;
It’s ringing still within my heart and will forever more!
I’m in love with America…I love her people kind and true,
The ones who pledge allegiance to her brilliant flag,
Red, White and Blue!

‘Tho I travel far and make new friends across the sea,
This will always be my song: “America For Me”!
I’m in love with America…I love her glorious history,
Our founding fathers lived and died to build a nation that is free.
I’m in love with America…I love her heroes of today,
The troops that serve us far away…
And those that serve at home , and pray.

Many things that our land has, some other land has too,…
But here in New York Harbour stand our lady tried and true.
She welcomes those so tired or poor and yearning to breathe free,
Who want to live and serve within this land of liberty.
I’m in love with America…Her boundless generosity.
No where on earth do people see the need to share so lovingly.
Though I travel far and visit lands across the sea.
This will always be my song: “America For Me”!


Words and Music by Mary M. Buford ~ All Rights Reserved.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...