Sunday, April 3, 2011

Buttons 'N Bows

Sunday is a day of rest and relaxation in our family. We attended a wonderful church service this morning and I got out my card-making supplies this afternoon. I am making this card for my granddaughter's 8th birthday.
I am entering this card in Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #76 ~ "Buttons 'N Bows". All cards in this contest must be embellished with buttons and bows.
This is how I made the card;
1. I used a base card/envelope made from kraft cardstock.
2. Next, I put a layer of pink patterned paper from K & Co.
3. I used a piece of bright pink embossed Bazzill paper on top of this. Don't you just love the delicate flowers on this paper? I punched the lower edge of the paper with a Martha Stewart "Cherish" punch.
4. The little girl is a digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. The name of the image is "What's Cookin'?" I printed the image on watercolor paper and colored it with Prismacolor pencils.
5. I mounted the image on pieces of light blue and black cardstock. I then embellished the card with a button punched from blue cardstock with a Martha Stewart Punch, a tiny pink bow, some striped ribbon and a pink butterfly sticker. I like to use hand punched buttons because the post office charges extra postage for cards embellished with real buttons.

Now, all I have to do is write a special message for the inside and I will be finished. I get a tremendous amount of joy out of making and giving these cards. So much fun!

I love to read your comments ~ Please post them below!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...