Here is how I made the card;
1. The base card is made from kraft cardstock and measures 4" x 5 1/2".
2. I used the "Tin Man" digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers.
3. I mounted the image on dark blue cardstock and stitched around the edges with yellow thread.
4. I used "Dots Embossed - White and Silver" patterned paper from Paper Studio for the the background.
5. I punched scalloped circles from silver foil paper.
6. I punched fronds from silver foil paper using a Martha Stewart punch.
7. I embellished the card with paper flowers from Recollections and silver glitter hearts from Martha Stewart.
I love this Tin Man image. The Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion were all characters in the popular story "The Wizard of Oz". The Scarecrow needed a brain, the Tin Man needed a heart and the Lion needed courage. The Tin Man was upset because when he opened up his chest there was just an empty space. He learned that he had a heart all along because he treated people with kindness and compassion.
Here are some of my favorite quotations from The Wizard Of Oz:
Wizard of Oz: As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
Tin Woodsman: But I still want one.
Wizard of Oz: A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
Dorothy: Goodbye, Tinman. Oh, don't cry! You'll rust so dreadfully. Here's your oil can.
Tin Woodsman: Now I know I've got a heart, 'cause it's breaking...