Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope this day is everything that you could hope for.  This week the theme for Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge is ~ "Challenge #69 ~ Valentine Love With Non-Traditional Colors."  The colors in the card can be anything EXCEPT red and pink.  Ok, I cheated just a little bit.  I had to make the Tin Man's heart red.
Here is how I made the card;
1.  The base card is made from kraft cardstock and measures 4" x 5 1/2".
2.  I used the "Tin Man" digital image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor markers.
3.  I mounted the image on dark blue cardstock and stitched around the edges with yellow thread.
4.  I used "Dots Embossed - White and Silver" patterned paper from Paper Studio for the the background.
5.  I punched scalloped circles from silver foil paper.
6.  I punched fronds from silver foil paper using a Martha Stewart punch.
7.  I embellished the card with paper flowers from Recollections and silver glitter hearts from Martha Stewart.

I love this Tin Man image.  The Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion were all characters in the popular story "The Wizard of Oz".  The Scarecrow needed a brain, the Tin Man needed a heart and the Lion needed courage. The Tin Man was upset because when he opened up his chest there was just an empty space.  He learned that he had a heart all along because he treated people with kindness and compassion.

Here are some of my favorite quotations from The Wizard Of Oz:


Wizard of Oz: As for you, my galvanized friend, you want a heart. You don't know how lucky you are not to have one. Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable.
Tin Woodsman: But I still want one.
 
Wizard of Oz: A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others.
 
Dorothy: Goodbye, Tinman. Oh, don't cry! You'll rust so dreadfully. Here's your oil can.
Tin Woodsman: Now I know I've got a heart, 'cause it's breaking...

3 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Great job on this! I agree, his heart has to be red! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Dawn B. said...

Such a sweet sweet card. I never thought of this image..Great job. Thanks for joining us at MO's.

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A great card...and what a fab choice of image for the challenge :)
Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...