Today is Friday and it is time to have some fun. Valentine's Day is one month from today so I made my first handmade Valentine's Day card this morning.
Here is how I made the card;
(1) I used a pre-made cardstock card that measures 4 1/2" by 5 1/2". The card is red on the outside and white on the inside. I bought a box of 50 of these cards for just $4.00 at Michaels. They were on the Christmas clearance shelf.
(2) The side of the card was punched with the Martha Stewart "Cherish" punch.
(3) The image is "Jack Waiting" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. I put a heart-shaped brad in the upper left corner of the image (Bradletz by Provo Craft).
(4) I used a white paper lace doily for the background. (Hobby Lobby)
(5) I made a large heart and punched a scalloped circle from "Recollections Basics" patterned paper.
(6) I used a "valentine" sticker from a package of stickers that I found at Big Lots. The postage stamp embellishment is from Martha Stewart.
(7) I added a sheer ribbon bow to finish the card.
I am entering this card in the following challenges;
Mo's Digital Challenge ~ Playtime
365 Cards ~ On Edge
I hope this post will inspire you to get out your craft supplies and start making some handmade valentines!