Tuesday, January 25, 2011

An Anchor For The Soul

Dr. Ray Pritchard, founder of Keep Believing Ministries, has released a second edition of his popular book An Anchor for the Soul: Help for the Present, Hope for the Future. I read this book in the digital format on my Kindle.
This book explains the plan of salvation offered by Jesus Christ. Dr. Pritchard explains that we are all sinners and we can never be good enough to save ourselves. God loves us and wants to have a relationship with us but sin separates us from God. God sent his Son, Jesus Christ, to be our Savior. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Jesus rose from the dead on the third day. We are not saved by what we do but by what Christ did for us. Salvation is a free gift offered to anyone who trusts Christ as Savior.
This is an "in your face" book about salvation. Dr. Pritchard really lays it on the line. He explains why we need a savior, how to accept Christ, and how to live a Christian life. He emphasizes that we are all sinners and there is no sin in your past that is too bad to be forgiven if you repent and accept Jesus Christ as your Savior. The author's writing style is informal and appropriate for "Christ seekers" or Christians who have been saved for many years. There are study questions at the end of each chapter that can be used for individual Bible Study or group study. This book is an excellent witnessing tool. Jesus Christ is the anchor for our souls and this book will make you a believer.

5 comments:

Ray said...

Janette, thanks for your very kind review. Yours is the first one I have read of the new edition of An Anchor for the Soul. Blessings, Ray Pritchard

Janette Fuller, M.Ed. said...

Dr. Pritchard, Thank you for reading and commenting on my book review. This book was a real blessing to me!

Anonymous said...

Janette, you did a great job summarizing the book. I've found it to be an effective tool for witnessing. I like to keep copies in my office, in my car, and at home so I can always be "ready" to give one away.

Brian Bill
Keep Believing Ministries Board Member

Unknown said...

Thank you, Janette! Good review! My wife and I travel routinely and have found the book useful when we talk with folks on the airplane. Also, we're connected to a variety of prison ministries and have received positive feedback from inmates.

Sharon Wilfong said...

I found your review through book blogs. A very refreshing review and interesting review. I also review Christian books.
http://sharonhenning.blog.spot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...