Friday, October 15, 2010

How Great Thou Art



My dad loved to sing.  He started singing at church when he was just a child and was a member of the church choir for close to 70 years.  He often sang solos at wedding, funerals and special events.  He also sang in several groups.  My dad went to be with the Lord yesterday afternoon.

We knew that he was very ill but he was active and in good spirits right up to the end. My dad had congestive heart failure, damaged valves and blockages.  The doctors said his heart was too weak for surgery.  Even though the prognosis was poor, we still held out hope that he would improve.  Yesterday morning he got a hair cut and then attended the Rotary luncheon.  His heart just gave out....

I have watched this video several times today.  I like to sing along with my dad...it is almost like he is right here with me.  I won't say goodbye ~ instead I will say "until we meet again."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...