Friday, June 4, 2010

Handmade Father's Day Card

Father's Day is just two weeks from this Sunday.  This afternoon I made a handmade card for my dad.  I have been scrapbooking and making handmade cards for about a year now.  WARNING:  It is very addictive!
I have another blog where I have posted some of my greeting cards.  I have recently discovered the fun and ease of using digitial stamps.  A digital stamp is especially made to be colored and used on handmade greeting cards or scrapbooking projects.  I love Mo's Digital Pencil Shop.  Mo Manning is a children's book illustrator who has built a very successful business selling digital stamps.
The name of this digital stamp image is "The Big Guy's Garden".  I chose this image because my dad worked as a farmer and wore overalls just like this when he worked in the fields.  I used Prismacolor pencils to color the image and a solvent to blend the colors.

I will write a personal Father's Day greeting on the inside of the card.

5 comments:

  1. Cute card, and great information for those wanting to give cardmaking a try. Thanks for sharing.

    Terri
    http://heartfeltwords4kids.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for commenting on my blog post. I hope you give card making a try ~ You will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.blogspot.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card, great image and perfect colours.
    Thanks for joinin us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your coloring!!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...