Monday, August 24, 2009

Julie and Julia - A Movie Review


I recently saw the movie Julie and Julia - I liked it. I have listed some of the things I especially liked below:
  • This story is based on a blog. Julie Powell was a young woman who was looking for a challenge. She came up with the Julie/Julia Project in 2002 and she recorded all the details of her experience in a blog. Julie pledged to cook the 536 recipes in Mastering The Art of French Cooking, Volume One (1) by Julia Child. She had one year (365 days) to achieve her goal.
  • The movie is based on two true stories; the life of Julie Powell and the life of Julia Child. Meryl Streep did a fabulous job playing the part of Julia Child. Julia learned to cook while living in France with her husband Paul. Julia was the only woman enrolled in her first cooking classes in France. Cooking soon became her passion.
  • I liked the humor in the movie. Some of Julie's cooking experiences were hilarious. After watching this movie, I will never cook a lobster...NEVER!
  • Julie was very real. She struggled with her job, finances and marriage. She was frequently discouraged and almost quit her cooking project numerous times.
  • This movie was an inspiration. It showed how two women found something they were passionate about and changed the world.

Could you or I do what Julie did? I think we could. It would take focus, determination and commitment. What "project" would you like to start? I would love to hear from you.


MOVIE RATING: Great ~ I would love to see it again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...