Friday, November 14, 2008

Twitter Avatars; Is A Picture Worth A Thousand Words?

An avatar is a graphical image that represents a person on the Internet. You have an opportunity to choose a personal avatar when you register on Twitter. This avatar becomes your personal branding with other people in the Twitterverse.

If you want to make a good impression on Twitter, you should give your avatar careful consideration. Here are some of the avatars that I have observed on Twitter;
  • Current photograph. This can be a formal picture or a very casual picture. The majority of people using Twitter use a personal photo as their avatar.
  • Twitter generic avatar. If you don't upload a picture, your avatar will be the default Twitter logo.
  • Business logo. Some Tweeple use their company logo as an avatar. This is good for the business but not so good for personal interaction. Most people like to have a mental image of the person they are communicating with.
  • Animal pictures. Some Tweeps post a picture of their pet for an avatar. I am the biggest animal lover in the world, but I do not want people to identify with me by thinking about a picture of my dog.
  • Clip art. These graphics are cute but they do not have the personal touch that a photograph has.
  • Baby and children pictures. Proud parents have every right to display pictures of their kids but I would much rather see a picture of Mom or Dad so I could relate as an adult.
  • Body Parts. Can you expect Tweeple to value your intellectual comments when your avatar is X-rated?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty component to content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession
capital to say that I acquire in fact loved account your weblog posts.

Anyway I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
you get right of entry to consistently fast.

Also visit my blog post: best pc games

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...