Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Handmade Clean and Simple Card

I made this card for Mo's Challenge #228 - Clean and Simple. A "clean and simple" card has a limited number of embellishments. This style works very well if you want to send the card through the US Postal Service.

The base is a 5" by 7" blank kraft card (Paper Studio). I get these blank cards in a Value Pack at Hobby Lobby when they are 50% off.

I was very lucky to find a big bag of Creative Memories mini scrapbooking kits with patterned paper and coordinated stickers at a yard sale. I used the "Cabana" set for the background of this card.

I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the ladybugs on each corner of the blue paper.

I chose the Ladybug Fairy digital stamp from the 3 Baby Fairies set at Mo's Digital Pencil. I colored the fairy with Copic Sketch markers and used Stickles glitter glue to highlight the wings.

I embellished the card with a "Love" jelly sticker from Me & My Big Ideas (I got a pack of 24 of these stickers for $0.49 at Goodwill.)

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...