Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I made some collage greeting cards to celebrate this "green" day.
DEFINITION: "Collage: a technique of composing a work of art by pasting on a single surface various materials not normally associated with one another, as newspaper clippings, parts of photographs, theater tickets, and fragments of an envelope".
Here are some of the recycled and rescued supplies that I used to make these cards:
- Kraft cardstock blank 5" by 7" cards with matching envelopes. (Hobby Lobby - 50% Off Sale - Pack of 50 card/envelopes for $5.00.)
- Green/Crowns background patterned paper. (Thrift shop find - Over 100 sheets of paper for $1.99).
- Shamrock Medley Rub-On Sheet. (Clearance at Hobby Lobby - $0.49.)
- Paper Studio Lucky Day Cardstock Stickers Sheet. (Clearance at Hobby Lobby - $0.42.)
- Green Paper Flower. (Goodwill - Large bag of paper flowers in a variety of colors - $1.99.)
- Recollections Mini Pastel Green Brad. (Michaels Clearance - 200 brads - $0.99.)
- Green Glitter Tape. (Walmart Craft Bin - $1.00.)
- Definitions from 1961 dictionary. (Goodwill - Old dictionary for $1.99.)
- Green fiber - (Pack of assorted fibers/ribbon - Antique shop - $2.99.)
Thanks for taking a look at my cards. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.