Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shakespeare Sonnets Collage Greeting Card

I have been experimenting with using old book pages to make greeting cards for a long time. Today, I chose a page from Shakespeare's Sonnets to make this card.

I applied a light coat of acrylic paint to the book page and used Craft Bond Rubber Cement to glue it to a blank card that measures 5" by 7".

I glued a piece of patterned decoupage tissue (DMD "Old World") to the book page.

I glued a piece of vintage sheet music to the right side of the card.

I used 2 small Victorian prints (reproductions) at the top and bottom of the card.

I applied the sea shell die cut (TC Travel from K & Company) to the center of the piece of sheet music.

Have you used old book pages for paper crafts or DIY projects? I would love to hear about it!

I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...