Monday, August 27, 2012

Mo's "Distressing" Challenge

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend. The summer is winding down and kids are headed back to school. I am looking forward to the cooler days and the approaching holiday seasons.

I made this card for Challenge #149 - "Distressing" w/Mo Image. The card must include a digital stamp from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop and it must have a distressed, tattered or torn look.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I started with a blank greeting card that measures 5" by 6 1/2".

(2.) The background is a piece of distressed cardstock from a Tim Holtz paper pad. I distressed the edges of the cardstock with a pair of scissors.

(3.) I chose the image "Tin Man" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I applied Tim Holtz distress ink "Old Paper" to the background with a small paintbrush. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers. I lightly distressed the edges with scissors and mounted the colored image on a piece of kraft cardstock.

(4.) I used a "Wish you were here" tag from the "Par Avion" die-cut pack from K & Company. I embellished the card with two silver glitter stars from the same die-cut pack.

I would love for you to FOLLOW this blog. You may use either the Google Friend Connect or the Networked Blog widget to show your support and encouragement.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...