Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stamped Book Page Greeting Card

I recently read "By the Book: Stamping on Book Pages" by Sara Naumann. This was an article that was published in the Scrap and Stamp Art Magazine (June, 2012).

I was intrigued with the idea of stamping on old book pages so I decided to give it a try.

I used a page out of an old tattered and torn French book. I lightly painted the page with white acrylic paint. When the paint was dry, I covered the center of the page with plastic punchinella and rubbed light blue distresss ink over the book page.

When the page was completely dry, I stamped the dress form on the book page with a rubber stamp and jet black archival ink.

I mounted the book page to a piece of kraft cardstock. I punched the sides of the cardstock with the Martha Stewart "Cherish" border punch.

I attached a pice of dark pink lace to the mounted book page with two silver brads.

I used two pieces of patterned cardstock from the Recollections "Stitch in Time" Paper Pad for the background. I attached all the elements of the card to a blank card that was dark pink on the outside and white on the inside. The card measures 4" by 5".

I embellished the card with epoxy button stickers from K & Company. I like to use these stickers because they are flat and you don't have to pay extra postage when you send the card in the mail.

I finished the card with a pink chipboard butterfly that says "I love the person you are."

Thank you for taking a look at this card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...