Thursday, May 24, 2012

World Traveler Greeting Card Challenge

Today I made a greeting card with an Oriental theme. I have never used this digital image before but I am very pleased with the way it turned out.
I will enter this card in Challenge #136 - World Traveler w/Mo Image.

This is how I made the card:
(1.) I started with a blank textured Avery greeting card that measures 5 1/2" by 8 1/2". This card is larger than I normally make but I found these cards on clearance at the grocery store so I grabbed them at a bargain price.
(2.) I cut a piece of green patterned paper topped with a piece of gold-striped vellum for the background.
(3.) I used the digital image Kimono from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic Sketch Markers and drew a black border around the image with a black Copics marker.
(4.) I mounted the image on top of several pieces of historical ephemera from Recollections. (Life's Journey Ephemera Die-Cut Cardstock).
(5.) I put a final touch on the card with Recollections paper flowers.

I am going to use this as a birthday card for a special person in my life.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...