Monday, February 27, 2012

A Birthday Cheer

My sister has a birthday this week so I made this card to send her. I will be entering this card in Mo's Challenge #123 - "Lace" with a Mo Image.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I used a pre-made card that measures 5" by 6.5" for the base.
(2.) I cut a piece of fuchsia cardstock for the background.
(3.) I used the "Happy Birthday" embossing folder and dry embossed a piece of green cardstock with my Cuddlebug.
(4.) I used the digital image "A Big Woop" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers and cut a circle around it. I used a black gel pen to put faux stitches around the edge of the circle.
(5.) I placed a piece of vintage handmade lace across the bottom of the card.
(6.) I embellished the card with four die-cut butterflies and a Tim Holtz "Wish" ticket.

Thank you so much for taking a look at my card ~ I hope you enjoyed it.

Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...