Thursday, January 19, 2012

Handmade Baby Shower Card

I am getting SUPER excited because I will soon have a new little granddaughter. I am going to attend my daughter's baby shower this weekend and I made this card to go with a gift.

I am entering this card in Mo's Digital Challenge #118 ~ Stitching (Real or Faux). You are requited to use an image from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop and real stitching or faux stitching to embellish the card.

This is how I made the card:
(1.) I started with a blank pre-made card that measures 4" by 5.5".
(2.) The background paper is felt-flocked "Baby Girl Pink Words" from Paper Studio. (I was lucky to find this paper on clearance at Hobby Lobby ~ I am always looking for bargains!)
(3.) I used two pieces of vintage pink lace seam binding to embellish the background paper. This seam binding came from my mother's sewing cabinet.
(4.) I used the digital image "Mother To Be 1" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Copic sketch markers. This is the first time I used this image and I am very pleased with the way it turned out. I colored the image and carefully cut it out.
(5.) I mounted the image on a piece of white cardstock that I dry embossed with a Cuddlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.
(6.) I mounted the image on a piece of blue cardstock and used a black gel pen to make the faux stitching along the sides. I used a paper piercer to make tiny holes on each end of the "stitches" to make them look more authentic.
(7.) I punched two paper flowers from the same blue cardstock and used tiny faux pink pearls for the centers.

Thank you for taking a look at my card. Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...