Monday, November 7, 2011

Thank You Veterans

I spent the morning making a batch of Veterans Day cards to donate to my local Senior Citizens Center. I don't usually mass produce my cards, but I hope the veterans will enjoy these cards on Friday.

This week the theme of Mo's Digital Challenge is "Give Thanks". The card must be a Thanksgiving card or thank-you card.

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I started with a pre-made blank card that measures 5" by 7".
(2.) I stamped the image of the soldiers on the bottom of the card with black ink. This cling stamp is "Band Of Brothers" from Stampers Best.
(3.) I framed the digital image with yellow, red and royal blue Bazzill cardstock.
(4.) I used an image from the Mo's digital stamp set "Support the Troops!" I colored the image with Copic sketch markers.
(5.) I embellished the card with a piece of patriotic "USA" ribbon.

On the inside of the card, I inserted a piece of parchment paper with the following sentiment;
"Freedom is not Free.
Thank you for your service.
Veterans Day
11-11-11"
I am so thankful for our men and women serving out country in the Armed Forces.  If you make handmade greeting cards, please consider making some cards for Operation Write Home. This is a great way to let our soldiers know that we appreciate them.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...