Monday, September 12, 2011

Book Blogger's Appreciation Week ~ Community

Today is the start of the fourth annual Book Blogger's Appreciation Week. This is my first year to participate and I am discovering some great ways to connect with book bloggers all over the world. The theme this year is "Community" and participating book bloggers are writing about this topic today;

"Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!"

Here are two of my very favorite book blogs;
Man of la Book
Zohar is the "Man Of La Book" and writes book reviews and sponsors book give-aways. He espe­cially likes biogra­phies, his­tory, historical-fiction, espi­onage and mys­ter­ies. He started this blog to share his thoughts about books. Most peo­ple think of read­ing as a soli­tary activ­ity, but Zohar takes the oppo­site view — he thinks read­ing could eas­ily become a social activ­ity and it's even eas­ier to do with the advent of the Inter­net. Zohar is active on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads and the Ning Book Boggers Group. He is a real inspiration to me.

Gently Mad
I met Sharon Henning in the Ning Book Bloggers Group. She is a fellow Texan and specializes in writing Christian book reviews. She states on her blog, "I am hopelessly and helplessly condemned by my own lust for literature that I recklessly and depravedly buy books with remorseless abandon. My day job is the ever more practical occupation of freelance musician. I'm not rich. Which makes my licentious book purchasing all the more irresponsible."
Sharon writes honest book reviews that leave the reader curious and eager to read the entire book. She writes from the heart and is not afraid to voice her true thoughts. She has encouraged me in my book blogging endeavors and often leaves positive comments on my posts. Sharon is a real treasure in the book blogging community.

Tomorrow I will post an interview with German book blogger Sarah Merz at Nothing More Delightful. Sarah will share her love of reading and some interesting aspects of her life. I had the opportunity to connect with Sarah through the BBAW Interview Program.

Please share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...