Read about the life lessons that these entrepreneurs learned while following their heart and building the businesses of their dreams.
About The Author
Marnie L. Pehrson is a best-selling author, speaker and online publicist who helps spiritually-minded entrepreneurs find their place in the world and deliver their messages online. She is the creator of the longest running content directory, www.IdeaMarketers.com, where you can promote your articles, press releases, information products, videos, audios and expertise.
Stories That Will Inspire
This book begins with Marnie Pehrson's story. Marnie had two young children in 1989 and needed to find a way to earn income from her home. She had taken computer classes in college and thought she might be able to teach others some basic progams that were used in business offices. She placed an ad in the newspaper offering to teach WordPerfect, Pagemaker and Lotus 1-2-3 from her home. Within a few months, she was teaching 50 hours a week in a spare bedroom. She wrote a book on how to run a successful computer training buisiness from your home. She went on to develop the first online shopping mall and IdeaMarketers.com.
The author shares many lessons that she learned while building her businesses. She highlights the following concepts;
- Trust the jouney and adapt.
- Create as you go.
- Keep your risks low.
- Remember you are not alone.
This book has been on my "wish list" for serveral months. I was very happy yesterday when I noticed that the book was available as a Kindle download for $0.99. I started reading yesterday afternoon and did not put it down until I completed it...yes, I read well past my usual bedtime.
I learned something from each one of the interviews in this book. I realized that these were just normal people that started from scratch and persevered until they achieved success. Here are some things that seemed to be repeated in many of the interviews;
- Believe in yourself. You must believe that you have the ability to build a business.
- Marketing is everthing. Many of the interviews stressed how important marketing is to building a business. Having a great product is not enough, you have to get the word out to your potential customers.
- It will not always be a bed of roses. All of the people interviewed have had to deal with serious financial, family and relationship problems. Many lost/quit their jobs and were desparate for an income to survive. Some had to cope with illness and death in their families.
- Connect with a mentor. Don't be afraid to seek help. Many of these entrepreneurs enrolled in coaching programs that provided guidance and direction for them as they grew their businesses.
- Never give up. This is the univeral theme of this book. You have to be determined to make it work.
Please share your thought in the Comments Sections below.