Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Recipe Greeting Card

Do you have an old worn-out cookbook that you are thinking about throwing away? Today I will show you how to take a recipe from an old cookbook and reuse it by making a unique greeting card.
The theme this week for Mo's Digital Challenge #86 is "Recipe".  One of the ways to participate in this challenge is to make a card that has to do with cooking. The winner will be picked in a random drawing tonight.
How I Made The Card
(1.) The base for this card is ivory cardstock and it measures 5" by 6.5".
(2.) The background paper (green with coffee cups) is from a packet of DCWV "Vintage Collage Stack" patterned paper. I punched the corners with a Martha Stewart corner punch.
(3.) I used the digital image "What's Cookin'?" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and then cut it out.
(4.) I chose the recipe "Nut Pie" from an old 1930s vintage cookbook. I tore around the edges and then distressed the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Old Paper).
(5.) I stamped "Yummy" on a piece of cardstock and framed it with a lighter color. I then glued it to the lower corner of the recipe.
(6.) I embellished the card with two faux buttons that I made with a Martha Stewart punch.

This is a fun and easy card to make and is perfect for all the cooks that you know. Please leave share your thoughts in the Comments Section below.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...