Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Monochromatic Blues

This week the theme of Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge #81 is "Monochromatic".  That means I must use shades of ONE color (blues, pinks, grays, reds, etc.) I don't think I have done anything monochromatic since I was in Art 1 in high school.  You are also allowed to use neutral colors like black, white, gray, and brown. I am glad I did not have to give this girl blue hair!

This is how I made the card;
(1.) I used a base card that measures 5" X 6 1/2" made from kraft cardstock (Paper Studio).
(2.) The digital image is "Checking Facebook" from Mo's Digital Pencil Shop. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and a blender pen.
(3.) I used several different shades of blue cardstock for the background. I also used the gray "Tin Roof" embosssed paper from Bazzill.
(4.) I used Martha Stewart punches to make the blue gingham paper lace, the "Happy Birthday" punch and the cardstock button.
(5.) I added a small blue ribbon bow to the button.

I am now happy to have a card all ready to send to a special "birthday girl" in a couple of weeks.

Comments are welcome ~ I love to hear from you!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...