Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

The Christmas season is now officially over.  I will have many fond memories of the past week with my family and friends.  Today is New Year's Day and my husband is driving home from seeing his family in Oklahoma and I have blackeyed peas and ham cooking on the stove.
I am not making any resolutions but I have thought of several areas in my life that I would like to change for the better.  I have thought of seven areas that I would like to really focus on during 2011.  I will focus my time, attention and finances on these areas of my life.
  • Spiritual Growth ~ I will spend more time reading the Bible, meditating on the Word of God and praying.  I will try to understand how I can use my faith to improve the quality of my life and my relationships.
  • Enjoy and Appreciate my Family.  This year my husband and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.  I would like to plan something special to celebrate.
  • Exercise and Diet ~ I have lost 20 pounds in the past year so I will strive to continue to exercise and develop healthy living habits.
  • Organize and De-Clutter ~ I have accumulated way too much stuff.  I will sort my belongings and donate or sell what I no longer want or need.
  • Card Making & Scrapbooking ~ This is my very favorite hobby and I will continue to spend time creating items that will provide joy for myself and others.
  • Music ~ I have played the piano my entire life but I have not dedicated very much time to practice and improving my skill in recent years.  It takes discipline and hard work to be a good piano player and I will strive to give it my best effort.
  • Writing ~ I have always dreamed of writing a book.  I will plan a strategy and get started writing...one page at a time.
What changes will you be making in 2011?  Please share your thoughts in the comments section of this post. 

1 comment:

Rebecca Kane said...

I really like the way that you have focussed on 7 areas of your life. I think this is really important so that we can ensure that we have a really fulfilling and balanced life. It's no good one area being amazing, if other areas are struggling. Enjoy your improvements!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...