Thursday, December 10, 2009

Merry Christmas And Semper Fi


A few months ago I was looking at posts on the AnySoldier.com web site. I have sent packages to soldiers in the past, but it had been about a year since I had connected with a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan.
I noticed a post that was not asking for supplies for the soldier, but was seeking school supplies for children in an orphanage.
I happened to have a bunch of beanie toys and some other supplies that I thought the children would enjoy. I boxed them up and sent them on their way.

I began thinking about the Marines who were more interested in helping children than in getting items that would make their lives a little bit easier. I went to the store and bought some sweets and snacks that I thought the soldiers would enjoy. I am the mother of a Navy veteran and I will always be a military mom at heart.

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a Christmas card with a Marine patch in it. I will truly treasure this gift because I know what it represents. Thousands of soldiers will be separated from their families this Christmas. I know that is tough.

Merry Christmas and Semper Fi, my friends. May God bless you and keep you.



























No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...